If you’ve been looking to leverage your skills and land your dream career, you may want to consider professional certifications related to your field. Almost all industries have some sort of certification that will increase your chances of finding a job and help you earn more.
Temple is home to an assortment of job opportunities – with the right certification, you’ll be able to land your dream job. If you want to improve your job prospects and open yourself to a world of new career opportunities, explore these high-demand career certifications.
How Can You Obtain a Certification?
Certifications show companies that you have a specific skill set or knowledge base required for a particular job. Even if the specific certification you take is not required, you’ll likely be able to earn more.
Typically, obtaining a certification requires taking a course and passing an exam. Though certifications typically involve paying a fee, the job opportunities and earning potential are well worth it.
Let’s take a look at some of the most demanded certifications and how you can use them to your advantage to launch your career in Temple.
With a handful of flourishing tech companies in town, a computer network certification can take you far. Companies like Meta, Samsung, PDI, and McLane Technology Partners in the area need skilled computer network professionals. Some of the certifications within this field include:
- • Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) – this technical certification is formulated for professionals who design, build, maintain, and troubleshoot networking infrastructures.
- • Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) – provides experience on installing, configuring, and troubleshooting computer networks.
- • Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) – this certification is considered more advanced than the CCNA because it delves into security and wireless options.
Learn more about long time players and new additions to the Temple tech sector.
Temple is home to a huge healthcare industry including Olin E. Teague Veterans’ Medical Center and several branches of Baylor Scott & White Health. The demand for healthcare professionals will always be high. Some certifications and their corresponding job positions include:
- • Certified Phlebotomy Technician (CPT) – shows experience and knowledge in drawing blood for transfusions, tests, or blood donations. Doctors are constantly requesting blood draws for their patients which makes this job high in demand.
- • Pharmacy Technicians – provides the skills and knowledge base to prepare and fill medical prescriptions. You could be involved in anything from pricing medication to processing insurance claims and dispensing prescriptions to patients.
- • Medical Assistant – teaches you how to provide clinical care and administrative tasks. In this role, you may take vital signs, prep patient rooms, document medical histories, and offer patient education. This certification has the highest anticipated job growth.
- • Registered Behavior Technician (RBT) – this certification teaches you to work in clinical settings to provide treatment plans for patients like autistic children. You could teach children language and communication skills, daily living skills, and more while recording and analyzing data.
- • Patient Care Technicians (PCTs) – due to an aging population, the demand for this certification is quickly growing. PCTs work closely with nurses to manage patient food intake, administer IVs, draw blood, and much more. It is also a significant first step toward a career as a registered nurse (RA)
Supply Chain Management
Having a globally recognized certification in the supply chain field increases your credibility as a professional and may help you earn a higher salary in the future. Meet Temple has several logistics and distribution companies in town such as:
- • Walmart
- • H-E-B
- • Baylor Scott & White Logistics
- • Keg 1 O’Neal
Some certifications that could progress your career in supply chain management include:
- • Certified Production and Inventory Management (CPIM) – this is great if you want to work for a company that is heavy into manufacturing.
- • Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP) – prepares you with the knowledge of essential technology, concepts and strategies in the modern supply chain.
- • Certified in Logistics, Transportation and Distribution (CLTD) – provides a background on order management, distribution inventory management, and warehouse management.
Those employed in the skilled trades often earn more after receiving a certification in their particular profession. Home services like plumbing and air conditioning will always be in high demand as these services are necessary for homeowners. Other skilled trades are common in Temple due to several manufacturing warehouses located in the city.
- • North American Technician Excellence (NATE) – the NATE certification is highly prized for positions in the heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) industry.
- • Certified Welder (CW) – welders are needed amongst many industries including construction, manufacturing, and auto repair. This certification will teach you the basic safety procedures.
- • Occupational Safety and Health Association (OSHA) Carpenter Certification – teaches the proper safety protocols for carpentry careers.
If you’re interested in working as a welder or carpenter in the manufacturing field, take a look at these top manufacturing giants in Temple.
As the world becomes more connected and industries continue to grow, the demand for project management is not slowing down. Certifications in project management like PMP and CAPM are highly sought after across multiple industries such as:
- • Construction
- • Finance
- • Information Technology
- • Energy
- • Healthcare
Not only are these certifications in high demand, but so are project management positions themselves. Companies need highly skilled project management professionals to manage the multitude of projects. The two common certifications for this career include:
- • Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) – this certification is more accessible, more affordable, and requires less time and experience.
- • Project Management Professional (PMP) – shows experience and mastery of the role to manage more extensive projects.
Land the Job You Love
By completing a certification within your desired occupational field, you’ll be able to expand your job opportunities and earning potential exponentially. In addition to the abundance of jobs in Temple, the city provides plenty of professional development and support opportunities. If you need help with anything from resume building, networking, interview preparation, or simply finding the right certifications for your desired career role, the Workforce Solutions of Central Texas and Texas Workforce Commission can guide you.
We can connect you with the best resources to land the job you love in Temple. Visit our Jobs page to learn more.