Reynolds Consumer Products
From Temple to Your Kitchen
The next time you go to replace a trash bag or prep a sheet pan for the oven, take a look at the brand of product you’re using. If your garbage cans are lined with Hefty bags and your baking sheets are covered in Reynolds aluminum foil, there’s a high probability that those products were manufactured right here in Temple!
Looking for a job opportunity with Reynolds Consumer Products? Click here to explore open positions.
The Reynolds Origin Story
As a leading provider of household products, Reynolds Consumer Products are well-known across the United States and used by families every day. For Central Texans in particular, that recognition and relationship is even stronger because of the company’s decades-long presence in the area.
Before Reynolds Consumer Products came to be the company it is today, it was two separate companies: Reynolds — known for their aluminum foil, parchment paper, and other kitchen products; and Hefty — known for their trash bags, food storage bags, and disposable tableware. Both companies had very strong legacy brands and merged to form Reynolds Consumer Products in 2010.
Since 1970, Hefty has operated a manufacturing facility in Temple. 40 years after opening that facility, when Hefty merged with Reynolds, the new, much larger enterprise decided to continue manufacturing operations at the site. They felt a strong connection to the Temple community and wanted to maintain their economic relationship with the city while continuing to offer and expand job opportunities for Temple residents.
The Brands of Reynolds Consumer Products
Although headquartered in Lake Forest, IL, Reynolds Consumer Products has manufacturing facilities all across the United States. These facilities are where all of their beloved products get produced, packaged, and then distributed. Reynolds and Hefty are familiar, instantly-recognizable name brands on supermarket shelves, but the full list of brands under the Reynolds Consumer Products umbrella looks like:
- The Reynolds Kitchens family of products includes the hallmark Reynolds Wrap aluminum foil as well as parchment paper, aluminum bakeware, plastic wrap, slow cooker liners, baking cups, freezer paper, wax paper, and more.
- The Hefty brand is most well-known for and associated with its strong trash bags, but the brand is also a leader in food and storage bags as well as disposable tupperware.
- Diamond’s line of products mirror those of Reynolds and Hefty, but they are sold internationally with peak recognition in Asia, the Caribbean, and the Middle East.
- Offering private-label food storage bags, waste bags, reusable containers, and food wrap, Presto Products are in the same market as Reynolds and Hefty products but are aimed at value-conscious consumers.
- Broadening the industry reach of the Reynolds Consumer brands, Geosystems offers innovative and green construction product solutions that tackle challenges like soil stabilization, site access, and stormwater management.
Fresh-Lock and Slide-Rite
- A leader in flexible packaging closers, Fresh-Lock zippers and Slide-Rite sliders optimize reclosable pouch solutions to keep food fresh and offer convenient storage.
- Alcan takes the spot of Canada’s number 1 aluminum foil brand, so it makes total sense that it is owned by the same company that manufactures the USA’s number 1 aluminum foil brand.
Reynolds Consumer Products’ Impact in Temple
“Our brand is known for quality and reliability and the people behind it make that possible. We’re pleased to be able to grow right here in Temple.”
-Rick Villa, Plant Manager, Reynolds Consumer Products
In addition to manufacturing and distributing many trusted household products, Reynolds also provides technical and non-technical job training. Through the Skills Development Fund, the Texas Workforce Commission supports customized training solutions to help employers and workers succeed in the marketplace. These initiatives have created countless opportunities for residents of Temple while showcasing the continued success and longevity of the company’s impact in Temple.
Click here to explore current job openings at Reynolds Consumer Products.