With Valentine’s Day approaching, love is in the air! This year, why not try something new? Fall in love with a place that offers endless opportunities: Temple, Texas. From year-round outdoor recreation to shopping, dining, culture, and events, we’ve got it all. Oh, did we mention that we also offer a wide-range of growing jobs and competitive salaries, with cost of living 20 percent below the national average?
Falling in love with Temple won’t cost a thing and here’s just a glimpse of what you’ll get in return:
- Soak in the joy of a short commute. According to the U.S. Census Bureau, the average American spends 225 hours commuting each year. In Temple, workers can easily bike or walk to work, leading to less time behind the wheel and more time doing what they love. In fact, people in Temple spend nearly 20 minutes less getting to and from work each day!
- Save on income tax. Texas is one of only seven states in the country that does not levy income tax. When combined with a cost of living 20 percent lower than the national average, living in Temple saves without sacrifice. CBS News ranks Temple as the sixth most affordable city to call home in the United States!
- Jobs on the rise. From healthcare and life sciences to manufacturing, distribution, and business support services, candidates find rewarding careers without the grind when they Meet Temple. Nearly 6,000 jobs have been created in Temple during the last 10 years with plenty of opportunities to go around.
- Accessibility. How many cities can say they are home to a symphonic orchestra, cultural center, and are located within three hours of two MLB, three NBA, and two NFL teams? We’re willing to bet there aren’t many, but that’s just the tip of the accessibility iceberg in Temple, which is also a mere 45 minutes north of SXSW home and Texas capitol, Austin.
- Outdoor access. Put more than 40 parks, 18 miles of trails, and 60 sports facilities together and what do you get? A lot of activity! In Temple, Texas, there’s a recreation offering for every style.
- Healthcare at your fingertips. Baylor Scott and White Medical Center is U.S. News and World Report’s sixth best regional hospital in Texas. Along with the only children’s hospital between Austin and Dallas and the fourth largest Veterans Affairs medical consortium in the country, Temple really cares for its residents.
- Forget all your cares and go downtown. More than a catchy song, downtown Temple, Texas offers a wealth of unique outings. Looking to book a romantic dinner this month? The atmosphere, menu and wine selection are always spot-on at Pignetti’s.
- A welcoming community. In Temple, we roll out the welcome mat. In fact, $100 million in developments are underway to make our community feel even more like home. With improvements of this magnitude, everyone will feel the impact!
At Meet Temple, we know there’s lots to love here. But don’t take our word for it. Follow Meet Temple on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter @MeetTemple for the latest updates from our growing community and fall in love for yourself!